Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Bones Hide and Seek
Builds on: observation and logic
 

What you'll need:
1 large paper skeleton decoration
Skeleton Hiccups by Margery Cuyler

What to do:

I drew my skeleton because I'm a glutton for punishments but you can make your life so much easier by going down to the dollar store and just buying one of those large door skeleton decorations. Dismantle it at the joints then hide the pieces around the house. Make sure that they are totally visible for younger kids and partially visible for older kids.

We read Skeleton Hiccups by Margery Cuyler. When I was finished I told the kids that the skeleton had hiccuped himself to pieces and needed our help to put him back together. Together we found all of the pieces, naming each as we found them, and figured out how they all came together to make a full skeleton. Then kids usually ask to repeat it a few times until it's snack time or someone comes to stop us.

No comments:

Post a Comment